- Status In Progress
- Partners World Vision Australia, Australian government
- Location Central Rift Valley of Kenya
The project is Australian government funded under the auspices of WVA to facilitate restoration in the Central Rift Valley of Kenya through Farmer Managed Natural Regeneration (FMNR) plus other viable restoration practices of agroforestry. The project covers three major bordering counties: Elgeyo Marakwet, Baringo and Nakuru. These constitutes 7 (Area Programs)APs: Ndabibi, Mogotio, Kiambogoko, Marigat, Soin, Tungyo and Ng’oswet. Mogotio and Kiambogoko are continuing sites where WV has had projects where as rest of the 5 APs are new project areas.
The fundamental objective of the project is then to identify and assemble various tools, methods and approaches to use for monitoring of FMNR sites including validation of these approaches to attain a desired level of confidence on the reliability for decision support and reporting.
The related project activities include:
- Definition of criteria for the study and creation of a specific data collection survey and csv files for the Study
- Data collection and analysis on tree cover status (5 of 7 sites), comparison of base year and end of project duration and analysis of tree cover change (at 2 of 7 sites)
- The interpretation of the various tree cover status for FMNR adoption report (building on existing paper)